Welcome to the Museums Association of Montana
We are a non-profit professional organization whose goal is to strengthen all of Montana’s museums.
We accomplish this by supporting their efforts to collect, preserve, and interpret our shared heritage for all Montanans and our visitors. By furthering the missions of Montana’s museums through collaboration, the promotion of standard best practices, grant-sponsored projects, and advocacy on the local, state, and national levels, we will ensure the preservation of our rich history.
Want to help? Consider becoming a member!
- Our list of Montana museums is your online invitation to...
- From a bi-annual newsletter, to technical workshops, annual awards, conference...
- The Museums Association of Montana is an organization dedicated to...
- The Museums Association of Montana offers excellent workshops to further...
- Discover Montana’s Stunning Museums By Regional Listings
- Become An Active Member of MAM
- Further Develop Your Professional Skills Through Our Workshops
- Gain Insightful Knowledge Through Our Annual Conferences
- Listen To Our Growing, Popular Podcasts - Museum Voices
- Economic Effects Of Montana’s Museums And Historic Sites
- Honoring And Providing Avenues To Achieve Excellence Through Scholarships
Welcome to MAM’s website! All across this state, dedicated museum staff and volunteers have created interesting exhibits and organized fun events for Montanans and visitors alike.
Montana is a place of awe-inspiring physical beauty, but the real treasure can be found in its thousands of years of unique cultural heritage. And don’t forget the incredible dinosaur collections! We invite you to explore Montana’s heritage and cultural treasures through our many engaging museums found in all corners of the state.
Montana’s museums are a vital part of our healthy communities and a driving force in our economy. And they’re just lots of fun! Please join our community and visit one of these museums today!
News and Events
- Join The Montana History Foundation for a 3-day introduction to the vast array of tech available for preserving cemeteries. June 21 - 23 in Helena. This training qualifies as MT SHPO-approved Certified Local Government training for historic preservation officers and commission members and for PIR/continuing education credit for Montana educators.…
- March 7-9, 2019 Miles City, MT Stay Tuned . .
- PETER YEGEN JR. AWARD For excellence and distinction in fostering the collection, preservation and interpretation of our heritage and culture, and for outstanding contributions toward the advancement of Montana’s museums. If you know someone in the museum field that fits the criteria of the attached nomination form, get it to…
- The Montana Historical Society is pleased to announce that new content is available to search and browse on the web site www.montananewspapers.org Several newspapers from Thompson Fall, including the SANDERS COUNTY LEDGER, DEMOCRAT, and SIGNAL (1905-24), are online. The FLATHEAD COURIER (Polson) boasts a 70-year run, from 1910 to 1980.…